Sunday, January 13, 2008

At least she knew she was at wits end

There was a story this weekend that caught my attention. It was about a mother who dropped her children, 8 & 10, off at the fire station because they needed to learn how to behave. http://www.click2houston.com/news/15036092/detail.html

I heard a comment that she should be put in jail since she just dropped her kids off, she is a bad mother, she does not need to have children. The firemen were able to get in contact with their Grandmother, and the mother did come back. My thought is if she had not dropped them off and harmed them would people be saying she should have taken them somewhere?

Parents now days have it tough. We can't spank our children because CPS could be called on us. We are being told to put our children in time out or take away their toys. Well, as a parent I have done both of those things and sometimes I do not think I get through because he is doing it again in about 5 minutes.

Now I am not saying that every instance requires spanking, but come on. When I was in school you did not want to go to the principles office because you knew you might get a spanking. I don't know about some of you, but I respected my teachers and those older then me. Yes Sir and Yes Mamm (sp) are still a part of my vocabulary. Please, Thank you, your welcome, and excuse me are also still part of my vocabulary. It drives me nuts when I get told not to say Sir to someone. "It makes me feel old" is what I hear..I still have trouble calling people that I went to church with by their first names....Mr. Davenport has told me to call him by his first name, but I can't. It just doesn't work for me.

I was going to write about how glad I was this lady did not harm her kids, and I am glad that CPS is looking at them, but it turned into a "rant" about being respectful. It just seems to me that I hear about more and more children being disrespectful and they do not care about anyone but themselves. I was a teenager also and I remember those times, but I still had respect for my parents, they may not have known it, but I did.

Okay, random posting, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the story and ended up with this. Too bad the paper that I am supposed to be writting is not getting this much attention. :)

I don't know if I will put anything out here tomorrow since I do have a major paper due Tuesday, but I will try. I hope I am not missed too much. Ha ha ha....

1 comment:

Vulture 6 said...

Like you said, at least they didn't get thrown off a bridge.