Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's all about grossing out Mom

Okay, 7 year old boys love nothing more then grossing each other out. My sons favorite past time, this week, has been showing me his loose tooth. I can handle skinned knees, a bloody nose, even puke, but teeth....shiver....they give me the heebee jeebees. He knows this and for the last week has been coming to sit on my lap. Being as sweet as he can be, and wiggling his tooth. It is just not natural looking. Like I said, other things don't bother me, but wiggle a tooth in front of me and blah....
He had a friend come over the other night and while he was here he lost a tooth. They immediatly came to me to take care of it. I had to send them to hubby because it just creeps me out. Well, Saturday night at a birthday party J could not eat because his tooth hurt. Yes, it was really loose, but not enough to come out. Trust me, I tried. ewww... I had kleenex trying to pull that sucker out, but it would not come. The whole time he was laughing because it grossed me out. We finally gave up, thank goodness, and he forgot about it.
I am very happy to announce that he called me at work this afternoon to let me know it had come out. YES!! I don't have to mess with teeth anymore. Kudos to those of you in the dental field.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That gave me the goose bumps just reading about his loose tooth...ugh, not something to look forward to. Anyhooter, sorry it took me so long to get on this thing, but I've been crazy around here. Trying to do this wedding and I just got a job, which is a good thing, but also scaring me cause its definately going to be a challenge to work and plan a wedding thats in TX while I'm in Cali and have a hubby who's useless in planning a wedding, but thats just pretty much all men. We're actually having a little get away tonight, which will be nice, I'm a little paranoid about leaving the child over night, but we'll see how it goes. We're heading to San Diego, by train, which should be fun, and we are going to the house of blues to see Pat green and then I got a hotel for us to stay in so it should be pretty fun:) He doesn't know about it though, well he thinks that he is driving out there and doesnt get to drink. HaHa!! I'm so mean yet so sweet at the same time. I think I am more excited about the train ride more than anything, yeah I am a dork. Anyhow, things are good, like I said, I got a job on wednesday, we started marriage counseling that evening as well AND tomorrow will be 8 weeks that we have been nicotine free (for me smoking and him dipping). So overall things are good:) Anywho, I got to pack up for tonight. I'll try to write sooner than later mamas! I'm glad you called :) Love Des