Monday, January 21, 2008

Is it crazy around here or is it just me???

We are selling our house. We do not know the closing dates yet, but they are approaching. This is really good news because it will allow us to save some money and get back on our feet. Our feet are not that far out from under us, but it would be nice to have a little bit in savings. The one thing that we agreed on is that we would not have credit cards, which we don't. We don't even have a checking account. Cash only and Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace has helped us out. Hence the reason we are down sizing.

There is one concern about down sizing....I looked around the house Saturday and literally laughed so hard I cried. I realized that we are going from a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, living room, dining room, kitchen, breakfast area, and garage....to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. We have 2 whole rooms that we have to remove!! I looked at my husband and just laughed as we were trying to pack boxes. We have not lived in an apartments since we got married 10 years ago. I really can't wait to see how this works. It will be an adventure.

The basketball game went okay on Saturday. When kids play they each get a colored wrist band and they find the person on the other team with the same color and that is who they guard. These kids are just learning the game so it makes it easier on them to just look for the wrist band. Well this weekend they did not have wrist bands, they were just told to guard someone. lol. That was very interesting. You would have 2 or 3 kids just standing around the goal because everybody else was guarding the kid with the ball. Then the ball would be passed to someone else and all the kids would go to that boy. There were kids standing around all over the place. Some of the parents, me included, told the director of the league that the wrist bands needed to stay on for a bit longer. Our team played better this time so we were excited. Mr. J only scored 4 of the 10 points, but hey, that means the other kids are getting better. We lost, but we were winning until the last 6 minutes of the game. The other coach put in this little boy who was super fast. He would steal the ball from our guys and be at the basket before they realized the ball was gone. He was pretty impressive.

Next is baseball season. We have only played T-ball so this is a new thing for us. Mr. J did not like T-ball so we figured he would not want to play baseball, but registration signs were all over town and he decided that he needed to play. YEAH!! Baseball is my favorite sport. If you have never been to a little league registration it is very interesting. Mr. J is in Pee Wee Minor, since he has not played in 2 years. He has the chance to get drafted into Pee Wee Majors if he does well during tryouts. ?????? Who knew????? I heard some strange conversations, but my hubby knew what they were talking about so I was just listening and trying to figure it all out. I don't know when the season starts, but when I do I will email the fam with the dates.

I am working on homework for my two classes today since Mr. J is in school and hubby is working. As you can tell I am not getting a whole lot done. :) I have already read the chapters I just have to type up the papers. Don't worry, it will get done. Okay, I must get. I hope that anyone who reads this has a wonderful day. Just remember....Happiness is a state of mind, not a goal in life..

No comments: